As we age, we lose bone, fat and collagen, which leads to a saggy and hollowed out appearance. Our skin loses collagen at a rate of 1% per year with volume depletion beginning to accelerate in an individual’s late 20’s.
At Skin Luxe, we use a broad selection of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Dermal Fillers within the Restylane and Juvederm product portfolios.. These soft, gel like fillers are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines, soften creases, enhance facial contours, plump lips and restore a more youthful appearance and have proven to be a great treatment option for age related volume loss. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in your skin, that helps keep the skin plump and hydrated. HA Filler results are temporary and can be reversed. They typically last 6-12 months or longer before your body gradually and naturally absorbs the particles.
Dermal Filler Treatments
Accentuate your natural lips by adding volume creating a soft, youthful, more hydrated looking lip.
A youthful midface is characterized by an upside down triangle which is represented by high cheekbones, full cheeks, and a firm jawline. By restoring fullness to the cheeks and lift to the midface with dermal fillers, we can help restore the triangle of youth.
“Tired Eyes” can add years to your appearance. By adding subtle volume to the tear trough, we can soften the transition between the cheek and the under eye, giving you a more well-rested look.
Are you looking tired and worn out? Do you need a facial refresh? Well… we have the perfect treatment for you. Filler will be strategically placed to lift and contour the cheeks and smooth the transition from the cheeks to the tear trough leaving you with a more well rested look.
Define your lower face and neck with a sculpted jawline. This is a great treatment for both men and women who desire a sharper jawline and profile.
The Chin is in! Filler is injected into the chin to enhance the size and shape of your chin giving you a more well defined and attractive profile.
Are your temples hollow? As we age, we lose the fat and subcutaneous tissue in our temples which can leave a concave depression between the brow, hairline and cheeks, resulting in a ‘caved-in’ look. By revolumizing this area, facial roundness is restored creating a more youthful appearance.
Do you think your hands look old? Dermal filler can help restore volume to the hands, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, bones, veins and tendons, and provide a more youthful appearance.
Do’s & Dont’s for Dermal Filler:
- Plan ahead by making appointment 2 weeks prior to a big event for potential bruising and swelling to subside.
- Avoid vitamins (such as turmeric and fish oil), anti-inflammatories, blood thinners (cleared by a physician) and alcohol a few days before and after treatment. Blood-thinning drugs and alcohol can increase the chances of bleeding, bruising and complications during/after the procedure.
- You can take Bromelain capsules 1-2 weeks before and after your treatment to help with bruising. Take Pepcid and Zyrtec two hours before your appointment and several days after to help with swelling.
- No dental appointments 4 weeks before or after filler treatment.
- No vaccines (Influenza/COVID), illnesses, infections or oral antibiotics within 4 weeks prior to filler. Vaccines have shown to cause immunologic reactions such as swelling in areas where fillers were injected, please wait 30 days after a vaccination before getting filler.
- Avoid all facials for 2 weeks after treatment to ensure filler does not migrate to areas not intended.
- Tell your injector if you have an autoimmune disease or any neurological disorders. If you have history of cold sores it is important to let your injector know. There is a risk treatment could lead to an outbreak, so you may need to treat with Valtrex. We would not be able to inject if patient has an active lesion day of procedure, you will need to reschedule.
- All fillers are contraindicated in pregnancy and breast feeding.
After Care Instructions:
- Avoid significant movement/messages to treated areas for 2 weeks. This includes dental appointments or any cosmetic treatment that involves pressure to face, ie facials, lash extensions, microblading, etc.
- Avoid steno exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive heat or sun for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salt to avoid swelling. If you do have swelling you can apply cool compress for 15 minutes every hour.
- Take Tylenol for discomfort.
- Take Zyrtec and Pepcid for several days after to decrease swelling.
- Try sleeping face up and slightly elevated as this may help with swelling.
- No Hydrafacial or microneedling until 2 weeks after filler treatment.